We recognise that our business activities do have an impact on the environment by way of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water and waste generation, and strive to minimise this impact as far as is reasonably practicable.
Paul David Smith Ltd are a photography services / marketing business based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK. The business is committed to continual improvement in its environmental performance, preventing pollution and ensuring compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry sector in which it operates.
Paul David Smith Ltd have pledged to ensure that within it’s business operation the following environmental strategy is adhered to:
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste.
- Keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency.
- Encourage members of staff to feedback to management about the company’s environmental performance.
- Set environmental objectives and publish them in the company’s promotional literature.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
By combining the very latest in climate control and server technology, we can proudly boast that the PaulDavidSmith.co.uk website is hosted in a data-centre which has been awarded an A grade in energy efficiency. The Co2 generated from the power used to run the server is offset each year through The Carbon Fund, our trusted Carbon Offsetting partner.
Running A Paperless Office
Paper product manufacturing contributes significantly to deforestation and man-made climate change, producing greenhouse gases in the process. All internal communications at Paul David Smith Ltd are made electronically and we encourage all external suppliers and services we work with to communicate with us electronically avoiding the need for paper based communications.
Paul David Smith Ltd measure our gas, electric and water use quarterly and are committed to achieving targets we have set ourselves to decreasing their usage and waste where possible.
We will communicate this policy to all our employees and ensure that they are given appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues. Paul David Smith Ltd will review this policy on an annual basis, taking account of any changes within legislation and our organisation, and other factors.