Develop your photography skills via a tailored 1-2-1 online training session with professional photographer Paul David Smith. No matter where you are located in the world Paul will guide you through the areas of photography that you need help with the most.
The beauty of video chat is that you can learn from a seasoned photography professional in the comfort of your own home, at your own pace and at a time that suits you best. It doesn’t matter whether you have just bought your first camera and are looking for guidance of how to operate it and what it can do, or if you have been shooting for longer and have specific area’s you’d like some assistance with. Paul will put together a tailored training 1-2-1 online video training session to accelerate your learning and progress your photography quickly.
A few examples of what we could cover during the training:
- Take control & get out of auto mode.
- Benefits of using P, S, TV, A, AV or M modes.
- How to shoot pin sharp images every time.
- Blur backgrounds using aperture.
- Master difficult lighting conditions.
- Understand ISO and the exposure triangle.
- Camera equipment advice.
- Choose the correct camera image settings.
- Use different White Balance settings.
- Stop motion using shutter speeds.
- Photography image critique
- How to avoid out of focus images.
- Understand lenses and focal lengths.
- Master composition for strong images.
- Post production image techniques.
- You tell me what you’re struggling with!
This is a 1-2-1 course and to ensure you get the best out of the video chat we recommend only one person being present to avoid distractions.
This course will take place via online video call and as such, you can do the training wherever you are. We just ask that you choose a location that will allow you to chat without distractions.
You will need a laptop / tablet or smartphone loaded with Skype to do this course. Prior to the course do use the software at least once to test it so you don’t spend the entire time trying to work out Skype rather than focusing on your photography training.
Please ensure you have a camera with a fully charged battery, lenses and any accessories that you use frequently with you. Skype allows you to share your screen so we’ll ask you to show us a selection of images that you have taken to allow us to get an understanding of your current level.