A Bespoke 1-2-1 Surf Photography Workshop In Cornwall, UK
Join professional surf photographer Paul David Smith on this 1-2-1 bespoke surf photography workshop in Cornwall, UK. If you have ever wanted to learn how to photograph surfers, dramatic waves and beautiful seascapes then there is no better place to do so than in Cornwall.
Paul will guide you through photographing surfers and waves from both on land and if you’d like too, in the waves themselves. Paul spends day’s of his life out in the ocean photographing the waves and surfers and he will teach you how to get the best results from directly in the water. Rather keep your feet on dry land? No problem at all, we’ll be covering how to capture great shots from the beach too!
This is your workshop and as it’s 1-2-1, we can build it to meet your own personal requirements. You are also welcome to bring along a friend or family member with you as up to 2 people can attend this course at no additional cost.
Paul will guide you through everything you need to know about capturing great photograph’s of surfers, waves and seascapes Including:
– Composition Techniques & Angles, from both land and sea
– Location Hunting/Chasing The Waves
– Long Exposure Photography
– When & How To Use Filters
– How to capture photograph’s from in the sea, including use of swim fins, waterproof housings and the best lens choices
– Photoshop / Lightroom & Post Processing
This is a course where you will need to be equipped properly to get the best results. We recommend:
– A long lens – 200mm+ to capture surfers and waves from on dry land. The longer the better!
– A wide Angle Lens – For dramatic seascape shots.
– Waterproof camera housing – If you wish to shoot in the ocean (and it is optional) then you will need a waterproof camera housing. You can pick these up for around £50.00 if you don’t own one, get in contact for our recommendations.
– A westsuit & swim fins – Again this is optional for if you’d like to shoot in the water, but if you do, you’ll need a wetsuit and some swim fins to keep you warm and help with speed in the ocean.
– A tripod – For those dreamy long exposure ocean shots.
Up to 2 people can attend this course at no additional cost. Group bookings of more than 2 people can be arranged, please get in touch.
This course will take place in Newquay, Cornwall, UK unless agreed otherwise prior to booking.
This course will start at 9am unless agreed otherwise prior to booking. We’ll run until finished but they usually ends at around 4pm.
Paul is DBS checked and is happy to share a copy of his DBS certificate with any client, no matter whether they are a business, charity, organisation or individual.