A full day urban exploration photography experience with professional photographer Paul David Smith. We’ll spend a day visiting some abandoned buildings and interesting locations, all whilst focusing on improving your photography skills.
On this full-day 1-2-1 urban exploration photography experience based in Cornwall, UK we will cover:
- The best camera settings for urban exploration. We’ll look at aperture, shutter speed and ISO and how best to use them to get great shots.
- Using long exposures to shoot in dark environments. We’ll use longer shutter speeds in the darker areas to ensure enough light enters the camera and you get good exposures.
- Creative compositions to make your images stand out. Learn the composition rules and then break them for more interesting shots.
- How to put yourself in the image for unique shots. The best way to get a shot that nobody else can ever replicate, because you are in it!
- Learn your photographer’s rights, the law and important saftey, danger and risk information for urban exploration.
- Location scouting, how we find locations that are good to photograph from the comfort of our computers.
No skills are required to attend this course. The only equipment you will need to bring with you is your DSLR camera and lenses. If you own a tripod, please bring this with you too.
So long as you pay attention to our safety advice on the day it is perfectly safe to do and we would never put you in unnecessary danger. We’ve run this course hundreds of times with the only outcome being great photographs, not injuries.
This photography experience will start at 9am unless agreed otherwise prior to booking.
This course will start from our home studio in Newquay, Cornwall unless agreed otherwise prior to booking. Paul will then drive us all to the location together. We cannot advise which location we’ll visit prior to the day as Urbex locations don’t stay accessible for long periods of time so we’ll change them up as required to ensure the best experience for everybody.
Yes no problem, we have a Canon 5D MKIII and various lenses available to loan for the day. There is no additional fee for this, we will just ask you to sign something that says if you break it, you agree to pay to get it fixed.
You can add additional attendees using the form above. These are charged at £100.00 per person.
The fee and/or deposit you pay secures your chosen date and is only refundable up to 7 days prior to your booked training date. If your booked training date falls within the next 7 days then this is non-refundable under any circumstances. Should you wish to change your date to another we will always do our best to accommodate this so long as we are given more than 7 days’ notice of your booked in training date.